PACEs Connection supports communities all over the world to accelerate PACEs science.
PACEs Connection membership is free and open to the public, we would love to have you join us and become a PACEs Connection member to support our journey to creating a trauma-informed world! Click here to find a list of our communities by location and by interest. Members are welcome to join as many communities as you like, and we encourage you to do so!
PACEs Connection is a social network that supports communities to accelerate the global PACEs science movement, to recognize the impact of positive & adverse childhood experiences (PACEs) in shaping adult behavior and health, and to promote trauma-informed and resilience-building practices and policies in all communities and institutions — from schools to prisons to hospitals and churches — to help heal and to develop resilience instead of traumatizing already traumatized people. Learn more about us here.
PACEs Connection members include people living in rural, suburban, and urban areas and from a variety of different backgrounds, including health, education, criminal justice, social services, business, community activism, civic, and faith-based fields.
- PACEs Connection members receive a Daily Digest with the latest PACEs, trauma, and resilience-related news, reports, research, and activities. A Weekly Roundup has all that plus a short feature and new videos. Plus Regional Newsletters, with stories based on the area you live.
- We post summaries and links to news, reports and research in the blog entries every day on the home page of PACEs Connection. That's where you'll find members' blog posts, too.
- On the home page you'll also find the latest members who've joined the network, and recent comments from members.
- You can also find calendar listings, videos, and an “Ask the Community” section (just below the blog entries).
- Our Webinar Archive holds some of our most popular videos, especially our 'A Better Normal' Community Discussion Series.
Check out the most popular features of our site:
- PACEs Connection Resource Center — PACEs science presentations, surveys, videos, webinars, training….and more. Including our Anti-Racism Resources and COVID-19 Resource Lists.
- PACEs Connection Speakers & Trainers Bureau — a service that provides PACEs Connection members a database of PACEs speakers and trainers.
- How-Tos — Directions on how to post a blog, calendar event, comment, etc.
- Growing Resilient Communities — Launching or growing a local PACEs initiative? We’ve got tools & guidelines.
- PACEs 101 — The five parts of PACEs science, plus links to articles, books & videos.
- What ACEs and PCEs do you have? — Do the ACEs & resilience questionnaires. Learn about other ACEs.
Join us and become a PACEs Connection member!
By becoming a member you are able to be fully involved in PACEs Connection. Here are some of the benefits to becoming a member:
- Create a Blog Post — Share your PACEs, trauma-informed, and resilience-building activities and stories with other members. Here's how. And also interact and comment on other members’ posts. We rely on our members to share their ACEs science-related thoughts, stories, news, and resources on our platform.
- Customize Your Email Notifications — If you want to choose the emails you receive or want no emails at all, be sure to check out this how-to.
- Find and Message Members — Find and message other PACEsConnection members from your town, city, county, state, or field of interest.
- Join a Community — PACEs Connection geographic communities support more than 400 PACEs initiatives in neighborhoods, cities, counties, regions, states, and nations. These communities receive guidance and support from PACEs Connection community facilitators through online and in-person activities. Interest-based communities serve specific sectors, such as education and pediatrics, who are implementing practices based on PACEs science.
- PACEs Connection Cooperative of Communities — For initiatives that are ready, we offer the opportunity to become an affiliate of our Cooperative of Communities. For significantly less than a community could do on their own, affiliates receive tools and services tailored to mature initiatives. The tools include a Community Resilience Tracker that measures a community's progress to becoming trauma-informed or healing-centered, as well as sector-specific outcomes. Services include advanced training in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), historical trauma, network leadership, and other topics selected by affiliates of the Cooperative. Affiliates meet monthly to share best practices. The Cooperative is affiliate-driven. For more information, contact the Cooperative director, Ingrid Cockhren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us at email@example.com .
We strive to create a welcoming and authentic community and with that we have established a set of community guidelines to help establish what you can share on PACEs Connection. We ask that you please do not promote products or services that are unrelated to the PACEs and trauma-informed movement.
Please note we do not allow any of the following:
- Copyright or intellectual property violations
- Illegal activity, such as selling illegal substances
- Any harassment or hateful conduct, including discrimination, hate speech, bullying, cyber bullying, or targeted attacks
- Spam and scams
- Any abusive comments
- Sharing of others’ private information