PACEs Connection's Race & Equity Workgroup is examining historical trauma in the United States of America and its impact on American society in a series of virtual discussions. This series, which began in July 2021, highlights several regions within the United States and outlines how unresolved historical trauma has impacted every aspect of American life and directly shapes the socio-political landscape of today as well as the overall well-being of Americans. The purpose of these discussions is to make connections between America's history and the current mental health crisis, social determinants of health and the obvious disparities and inequities present in our communities today. Please join us for our next session on November 18th!
Our Midwest session occurred on September 16th. That session had hundreds in attendance and the discussion was timely and profound. Please see the series description and schedule for the remaining sessions below:
Historical Trauma in America Series
Remaining Regional Sessions:
- Historical Trauma in the American Northwest Jan. 20th, 2022 Register HERE.
- Discussions will include the treatment of Indigenous Americans and Asian/Pacific Islanders, racial discrimination and labor exploitation among other relevant topics.
- Historical Trauma in the American Southwest March 17th, 2022 Register HERE.
- Discussions will include the treatment of Indigenous Americans and Latino Americans, immigration, racial discrimination, mass incarceration and labor exploitation among other relevant topics.
- Historical Trauma in the State of Hawaii & the U.S. Territories May 19th, 2022 Register HERE.
- Discussions will include the treatment of Indigenous peoples and Asian/Pacific Islanders, colonization, slavery and labor exploitation among other relevant topics.
More sessions will be added to the 2022 schedule! If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.