Letter of Commitment
Children’s Resilience Initiative
I commit to implementing trauma-informed practices!
- I ask, “What has this person experienced” rather than “what is wrong with this person?”
- I commit to creating a safe environment physically and emotionally for myself and others.
- I commit to fostering connection through relationship in all my actions.
- The safe environment I create invites opportunities for learning.
- I learn to recognize, validate and own my experiences and my self-regulation.
“With this information comes the responsibility to use it.” With my signature, I/we…
- commit to a sustainable community of practice with CRI, using these principles;
- will become CRI trained and certified (builds on goal #1: create a community conversant in ACEs and Resilience);
- will expand my organization’s capacity to build an internal core team that is the lead for my organization (builds on goal #2: embed the principles into practice);
- will take an active, participatory role in CRI’s efforts to build community capacity (builds on why I am a CRI Partner);