Source: Understood.org by: Amanda Morin
This article explains self-care and self-regulation for kids. Children learn strategies to help themselves cope during times of stress and anxiety. No adults needed!
Follow the links below to learn about ALL the strategies recommended by Amanda Morin at Understood.org.
What you will learn
- 1. WATCH: Use starfish breathing.
- 2. DOWNLOAD: Focus with the 5-4-3-2-1 method.
- 3. Repeat an affirmation.
- 4. Take a walk to get some air.
- 5. Rock (or roll).
- 6. Put emotions into words or art.