Please join us for the final ACEs Aware Ventura County lecture series session with Dr. Sharon Elmensdorp, PhD, BCBA-D & Dr. Kathleen VanAntwerp, Ed.D.
Unit 4 Session 3: Trauma-Informed Network of Care: Supporting a Resilient Ventura County
REGISTER HERE to attend this LIVE free session or view on-demand.
- Dr. Sharon Elmensdorp is a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst-Doctoral Level (BCBA-D) and works with Ventura County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA). Dr. Elmensdorp has a doctorate in education with an emphasis in special education, disabilities, and risk studies and a specialty in autism. She has been an integral advisory member to the ACEs Aware Ventura County initiative, working closely with community-based organizations and the medical community to coordinate resource referral and navigation efforts.
- Dr. Kathleen Van Antwerp is a leader in educational, juvenile justice, and youth outreach program reform. Dr. Van Antwerp is a transformative family engagement specialist who has led the way in introducing the science of child and adolescent development to various legal and law enforcement agencies, directly transforming the operations of youth outreach centers and community policing throughout the United States, England, Austria, and Amsterdam. With over twenty years of classroom teaching experience, primarily with at-risk students, she teaches specialized courses at California University, State, and Community colleges to mitigate adverse childhood/community and curricular experiences.
In this session, attendees will learn:
- About strategies to respond to ACEs and mitigate the toxic stress response.
- About elements of a Trauma-Informed Network of Care to respond to ACEs and toxic stress.
- About Ventura County’s process for building a Network of Care.
*All LIVE and on-demand trainings are available for CME credits, MOC Part II credits, AMA PRA Category I credits, and CE credits (must attend LIVE session) for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, Psychologists, and Registered Nurses.
PHYSICIANS: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and American Academy of Pediatrics - CA2. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PSYCHOLOGISTS: ACEs Aware Ventura County is partnering with Casa Pacifica Centers for Children & Families to provide continuing education credit for attendees of the live lecture series sessions. Casa Pacifica Centers for Children & Families is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Casa Pacifica Centers for Children & Families maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Continuing education credit is notavailable to those viewing pre-recorded workshops on-demand. For additional information, including full continuing education policies, please contact email@example.com.
LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs: ACEs Aware Ventura County is partnering with Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families to provide continuing education credit for attendees of the live lecture series sessions. Each session meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs (Provider 016190). Continuing education credit is notavailable to those viewing pre-recorded workshops on-demand. For additional information, including full continuing education policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NURSES: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP231 for 1 contact hour per session (12 total contact hours possible).
All presenters, planners, editors, or staff reported no relevant relationships with the following statement: “I, or an immediate family member, do not have at present, or within the last 12 months, nor anticipate having financial interest, arrangement or affiliation with any organizations that could be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest in context to the design, implementation, presentation, evaluation, etc. of CME Activities.”