Public schools, counties, and cities in California will see some of the largest-ever increases in one-time funding over the next 3-4 years due to unprecedented federal and state COVID-19 relief funds and much higher than expected state budget revenue. Panelists will share where these dollars are going, and how local leaders and organizers can engage in these opportunities to shape local initiatives to improve school climate including major funding for mental health supports, expanded learning, and community schools.
Date: October 20th, 2021
Panel presentation and discussion: 11:00am-12:00pm
Register in advance for this webinar: https://rb.gy/kscjkr
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Facilitated by Tia Martinez, Forward Change.
• Taryn Ishida, Executive Director, Californians for Justice
• Lishaun Francis, Director, Behavioral Health, Children Now
• Samantha Tran, Senior Managing Director Education Policy, Children Now
• Laura Zavala, Director of Policy and Campaign Development, Inner City Struggle
• Marc Philpart, Principal Coordinator, Alliance for Boys and Men of Color
• Itoco Garcia, Superintendent, Sausalito Marin City School District
*Special After-Panel Discussion for Youth and Community Organizers facilitated by Tia Martinez JD, MPP, Forward Change and Danfeng Koon JD, PhD, California School Discipline Project from 12:00pm-12:30pm
*The School Health Data Team partners include: The California Endowment, The California School Discipline Project, The Center for Civil Rights Remedies at UCLA, Children Now, Forward Change, and WestEd.