What are the specific, practical strategies we can implement when we ACEs surface for our staff or clients?
Brad Michenvich of Sonoma County Probation shared one inspiring tool Probation Officers are using. "EPICS" combines case management with evidenced-based practices and cognitive behavioral therapy through offering brief interventions at each meeting with youth clients.
Structure of EPICS Meeting SESSION OVERVIEW
• Each session should be structured in the following way:
1. Check-In - determine any acute needs or crisis
2. Review - coping skill taught at last session
3. Intervention - coping skill or problem solving thinking taught and practiced
4. Homework - plan to practice new skill
Check this out and let me know if you agree that this approach might work well outside the justice system:
See slides 17-23 in particular.