Heartache is a universal experience, yet we often feel alone. Things happen; choices are made, and before we know it, we wake up longing for change. No one grows up dreaming that they will not “fit in” to the “traditional” path, but when they find themselves on the detour route, it feels like a moving treadmill, going nowhere fast down an isolated road.
“Traditional” opportunities may not have worked out, but there are alternative routes to success, now more than ever! Mission Academy is a free, public middle and high school online program serving Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Ventura counties. They recognize that youth who have overcome challenges possess unique strengths and resiliency. Mission Academy offers a judgment-free, personalized opportunity to finally students where they want to go, with plenty of support by their side.
Mission Academy is a free public middle and high school offering:
- 100% online, industry-leading, trauma-informed, state approved curriculum
- Education for students 11-24 years old (19+ require WIOA partnership programs)
- Flexible school scheduling with 24/7 course access to curriculum, live virtual meets, and extended teacher/tutor hours to meet the needs of each individual
- An assigned advisor/mentor that follows students through grade levels
- Highly qualified, credentialed teachers and staff, and one-on-one tutoring
- Trauma-trained and Edge Foundation-trained team members
- A high school diploma (not a GED) with access to work opportunities, career readiness, and post-secondary education preparedness
- WASC accreditation and options for 4-year or community college pathways
- Credit recovery options to return to a school of residence (if that is your goal)
Mission Academy employs a full-time Community Liaison and has partnerships with several community-based organizations to ensure resources throughout our regions. Mission Academy is proud to be partnering with JAG National (Jobs for American Graduates) to offer work-ready employment opportunities for the 20-21 school year.
Since their virtual doors opened, Mission Academy has served hundreds of students from all walks of life, including those living with mental health issues for themselves or others, justice-involved youth, trafficked youth, youth previously or currently involved in gangs, youth who travel competitively for sports, youth who work full time to support family, who have been homeschooled, homeless, married, are young parents, and more. Students benefit from the flexibility and comfort of working online, and having a safe, trusted relationship with the Mission Academy team, who truly believes in their success.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.