From Wisconsin Department of Health Services, May 6, 2020
Ahead of Children's Mental Health Awareness day tomorrow, May 7, Office of Children’s Mental Health Director Linda Hall today announces the publication of a new fact sheet focused on prioritizing children’s mental health in Wisconsin and how our communities can do that.
- Almost half of high school students in Wisconsin are feeling anxious
- A child typically experiences symptoms of emotional distress for 11 years before receiving treatment
- Minorities are more likely to delay or stop treatment as a result of geographic or insurance barriers
- Parents can watch for anxiety symptoms
- Policymakers can consider the significant impact that social determinants of health have on mental well-being
Contact: Jennifer Miller/Elizabeth Goodsitt 608-266-1683