NOT TOO LATE FOR COHORT 1!! Also registering for COHORT 2!!
New!! 48-HOUR HISTORICAL TRAUMA SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION
in collaboration with
THE INTERNATIONAL HISTORICAL TRAUMA ASSOCIATION
We are the only entity offering a comprehensive, 48-hour Historical Trauma Specialist Certification Program. The Program is broken into 6 levels and is built on a foundation of BIPOC cultures and neurobiology. It is taught from a multicultural perspective, injecting traditions and ideology from various cultures from around the world. In this inclusive study we rely on the ancient tradition of storytelling, visual art and interconnected relationships to intentionally explore difficult topics. The indigenous teaching methods are woven with current academia and research, along with coveted knowledge from Medicine Women\Men, traditional historians and cultural leaders from various African, Native American, Aboriginal and Asian communities to solidify the following topics:
- Indigenous Wellness
- ACEs & PACES Science
- Historical, Collective and Intergenerational Trauma
- Structural Racism
- Race-Based Traumatic Stress
- Anti-Racist Attachment
- Cultural Attachment Theory
- Indigenous Attachment
- Neurological implications of Historical Trauma
- Alignment of Neurobiology with Desired Behavioral Outcomes
- Leveraging Neurobiology to Support Healing
- Fossil Fuel Capitalism as an Extension of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade & Native American Genocide
- Climate change as a catalyst for violence and prolonged suffering in BIPOC communities all over the world
- Understanding the injurious relationship between the Western model of pathogenesis and the pervasive system of White Supremacy and its effect on BIPOC communities.
- A Full Expression of Resilience
- Reconnection to self
- Commitment to creating an environment of Belonging
- Simultaneously healing BIPOC communities and Mother Earth
- Cultural Shift as the Antidote to Homelessness, Violence, Trauma, Climate Change
The program will also investigate the impact of Collective Trauma on:
- Mexican Americans,
- Africans throughout the Diaspora
- Native Americans
- People of Jewish Decent
- Puerto Ricans
- Asian Americans
The Historical Trauma Certification Program takes participants on a journey from wellness to dis-ease and finally provides insight on how to facilitate healing for tribes, communities, families and individual survivors of Historical Trauma.
The Historical Trauma Specialist Certification Program is designed to embrace people from various sectors. It’s ideal for educators, administrators, behavioral health workers, mental health professionals, physicians, law enforcement, and judges. We have trained adoptive parents and people in multicultural families as well as humans serving, leading, advocating for and working with people of color. We welcome students and anyone interested in understanding race, culture and trauma.
Each level is an immersive 7-hour training that concludes on Day 2 with an additional 2-hour Talking Circle implemented to process the training with time for Q & A. Additionally, each level of the training provides an opportunity for small break-out sessions to build relationships, consciously process course material and share life experiences, thoughts and ideas around the course topics. The purpose of our program is to incite change. Trauma is healed through relationships and in life’s day to day moments. Historical Trauma is often a painful topic that requires special consideration and opportunities to build rapport with colleagues. Cultural shift demands self-reflection and the ability to see the world through multiple lenses.
Through the end of 2022 the cost of the entire program is $1500 when paid in full. Each level is $299 when paid individually.
Entire 48-hour Program $1500
COHORT 1 2022 DATES:
Aug 29, 2022 LEVEL 1
Sept 14, 2022 LEVEL 2
Oct 12, 2022 LEVEL 3
Nov 16, 2022 LEVEL 4
Nov 30, 2022 LEVEL 5
Dec 7, 2022 LEVEL 6
COHORT 2- 2023 DATES:
Level 1 Jan 11, 2023 9a-4p
Level 2 Feb 15, 2023 9a-4p
Level 3 March 8, 2023 9a-4p
Level 4 April 5, 2023 9a-4p
Level 5 May 10, 2023 9a-4p
Level 6 June 14, 2023 9a-4p
*Each level will be available on-demand following the live virtual presentation if you are unable to attend live.
For more information contact:
***If you have already completed Level 1 or both Level 1 & 2 prior to August 2022, please reach out to Iya for further details.