Register NOW to learn how to lead a book study of What Happened to You? by Bruce D. Perry, MD PhD, and Oprah Winfrey in your community!
Learn how you can bring a book club on to your community and help inspire a desire to work together to create a more equitable society. Come hear lessons learned and tips about how you can use the Alliance’s book club guide in working with your community. Children’s Trust Fund Alliance (CFTA) will conduct this training on Wednesday, July 27, 3-5 p.m. ET. Topics will include:
- Asking “What Happened to You?” is THE QUESTION that helps you gain understanding, healing, connection, and community
- Getting Involved in the Alliance’s book club community
- Exploring group process and facilitation skills
- Discussing what to do when hard topics are raised
- Building connections among group members
- Recognizing how protective factors are healing factors
- Reviewing how you can share personalized resources
Please click HERE to register for the Book Study Leader Training on What Happened to You? by Children’s Trust Fund Alliance!
Click HERE to register to lead a book study! CFTA will support you every step of the way!
This event is part of PACEs Connection's Connecting Communities One Book at a Time initiative, which will help you bring your community together around books that help us have critical conversations about trauma, racism, inequity, protective factors, positive childhood experiences, and the role community plays in preventing and healing trauma and creating resiliency.
For our first book, What Happened to You? by Bruce D. Perry, MD PhD, and Oprah Winfrey, PACEs Connection has partnered with the Children’s Trust Fund Alliance (CTF Alliance) and Georgia Essentials for Childhood, which is coordinated by Prevent Child Abuse Georgia and the Georgia Children's Trust Fund.
Past What Happened to You? Events
We have already hosted two events on the topic. If you missed them, recordings are available!
- Meet the Author event recording: On June 28, PACEs Connection CEO Ingrid Cockhren, director of communities Mathew Portell, and Dr. Bruce Perry, co-author of What Happened to You?, met to discuss historical trauma and What Happened to You?
- How to be a PACEs Connection Connecting Communities Book Study Leader for “What Happened to You?”: On July 13, we heard from experienced book study leaders and participants from Georgia Reads and the Children’s Trust Fund Alliance as they shared how to lead a community reading initiative as well as their study resources, supports,
lessons learned, and the free study guides!
Future What Happened to You? Events
You can also register for upcoming What Happened to You? events. Please see the attached flier for more information about each event.
- Book Study Leader Training by Children’s Trust Fund Alliance on Wednesday, July 27, 3-5 p.m. ET
- Book Study Leader Check-In with Children’s Trust Fund Alliance on Wednesday, Aug. 10, 3-4:30 p.m. ET
- Moving Families from Surviving to Thriving: Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework Overview by Children’s Trust Fund Alliance on Tuesday, Aug. 30, noon-1:30 p.m. ET
- Book Study Leader Check-In with Children’s Trust Fund Alliance on Tuesday, Sept. 20, 7-8:30 p.m. ET
What Happened to You? Book Study Guides and Resources
- What Happened to You? Book Club Guide for Parents from Children's Trust Fund Alliance
- Discussion and Resource Guide (national version) from Georgia Reads
- What Happened to You? Book Study Guide for educators and coaches
- 10 Things to Consider When Planning a Book Study of What Happened to You?
Recent Blog Posts
- Healing Takes Time and Care - Learn more in today's Connecting Communities One Book at a Time Webinar! by Kara Georgi
- What Happened to You? and What Happened to Me? by Deborah Chosewood
- My Journey from Trauma to Healing with What Happened to you by Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey by Chloe Corrion
- Connecting Communities One Book at a Time launches July 13: Register now to learn from our national and Georgia partners how to lead a book study of 'What Happened to You?' by Natalie Audage
- “What Happened to You?” by Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey: a book that resonates with us in the PACEs world by Carey Sipp
We hope you will join us on this journey, and we look forward to seeing you at the upcoming events!