- Parenting with ACEs & Invisible Heroes
- Isn't Trauma to Tough for Something as Gentle as Guided Imagery?
- Challenges and tools for parents with Parents with PTSD and/or ACEs
- Time for Q&A
...trauma isn't even stored in the parts of the brain where language can access it. Instead it's been cached as frozen, primitive, pre-language experience - sensation, perception, emotion, images and motor reactivity - in the survival-based structures of the brain. What does help are tools that target the affected parts of the brain. Belleruth Naparstek
- They first and foremost find ways to re-regulate the nervous system.
- They destigmatize and normalize the experience by explaining PTS as the somatic and neurophysiologic condition it is.
- They offer simple, self-administer-able tools that empower the end-user and confer a sense of mastery and control.
- The interventions are cast as training in skill sets, not the healing of pathology.